Cloud Terrarium VCO
The Synthesis Technology E352 combines the latest 200MHz 32-bit ARM DSP with SynthTech's Cloud and Morphing algorithms found in the legendary E340 Cloud Generator and the E350 Morphing Terrarium.
The E352 is currently shipping NOW, and can be ordered at any of our dealers.
If you want the black panel version of the E352, you can order it directly using the BUY NOW button.
Some important features:
- User-defined wavetables loaded via microSD card
- 16K color 240 x 320 TFT LCD display
- Grayhill mil-spec optical encoder for data entry
- 16-bit wavetables (versus 8-bit for the E350) for 5x lower noise & THD
- Contains all 192 of the original E350 wavetables
- LFO mode, variable Glitch Energy and other added features
New! Feature Upgrade release firmware V1.3 (Oct. 28, 2018)The file is here.
Please download the revised User Manual under the DOCS tab.
This replaces the prior V1.2b.
Changes from V1.2b are as follows:Bugfixes
Detuning Mode - detunes OUT2 from OUT1's 'Master' frequency in a number of ways:
- Variable detuning: via PARM X CV from +-2.5 octaves or +-1/25 octaves. OUT1 and OUT2 can have different wavetables with independent Z Morphing
- Unison (no detuning), but adds 0-360 deg phase shifting via PARM X CV, independent wavetables/Z Morphing per output
- Fixed (quantized) detuning tables: 3rds/4ths/5ths/octaves/etc
- Added Visualization to the 3 detuning CVs
The Detuning adds whole new sonic palettes to the E352. This feature was a direct result from feedback from our passionate user base.
Sample Player Mode
This add the Sample Player mode from the E370 Quad VCO to the E352. The entire bank (32KB samples, which is 16K 16bit words) is treated as a sample file. The files are save as USR banks, created by our free WaveEdit app.Features of the Sample Player
- 2 independent Start points and a common 'per cent completion' point
- Playback can be Looped (no trigger needed) or externally triggered using a SYNC pulse/LFO/Gate
- PARM X sets the Start for OUT1 audio, PARM Y sets the Start for OUT2, and PARM Z sets 0-100% scan length
- 2 Start points allow 1 sample file to have 2 independent samples, each played out of their respective Out jacks
- In Looping, the response can be EXPO or LIN as if it were a wavetable
- The Sample File needs to be generated via WaveEdit. Import any .WAV file (up to 2MB in length) and WaveEdit will re-sample and fit it into the 33K file size (using Save As Bank command)
New! Legacy release firmware V1.2B (March 4, 2018)The file is here.
This replaces the prior V1.2a. Please use this version instead as errors were discovered after posting.
Changes from V1.1 are as follows:Bugfixes
- Negative Freq Limit on filter
- update RAM tables after patch load / reset
- Fixes issue using USR H wavebank when in Waves view
- Fixes issue with presets clearing when entering/exiting the File menu with no uSD inserted
- Fixes UI lock when loading a file with missing .WAV extension
- Fixes issue of not fully muting audio outputs when in the File menu page
- Expand flash tables to 8 from 3
- Disable audio during SD card access
- Reduce cloud freq display to top / bottom oscs
- Add FM Type and Cal options to freq display
- Add TZFM in 3 ranges (Low/Mid/High)
- Frequency display updated to handle negative values
- Add Wavetable name list off Mode Help menu
Please read the Release Notes PDF file before reporting any bugs or other comments.
Installing new E352 Firmware
Please follow the directions below to upgarde tour E352 to this latest firmware. You will need a FAT32-formatted uSD card of 32GB OR LESS. Larger cards may fail to load the firmware! Use a card with 32GB of memory or less!
- Download the ZIP file, and extract it to the root directory of the uSD card. Do not change the name of the file.
- Turn the power off to the E352.
- Insert the uSD card into the connector 'label side up'.
- Press and hold the encoder knob (like a data entry). While pressing the knob down, turn the power on.
- When the boot screen appears, release the encoder knob. The E352 will scan for the file on the uSD card.
- Once the file is found, the menu will ask if you want to upgrade, rotate the encoder to YES and click the encoder.
- The E352 will erase the old firmware and install the new version. Your saved patches and User Banks are ERASED.
- After the install is verified, you will be prompted to click the encoder knob to launch the new firmware. The Version diplayed at the bottom of the main screen is V1.2
NEW TUTORIAL VIDEOS
Please watch the following video for an overview of the E352 and its 4 basic operation modes.