Cloud Terrarium VCO
The Synthesis Technology E352 combines the latest 200MHz 32-bit ARM DSP with SynthTech's Cloud and Morphing algorithms found in the legendary E340 Cloud Generator and the E350 Morphing Terrarium.
The E352 is currently shipping NOW, and can be ordered at many of our dealers. Current wait time is 3-4 weeks..
Some important features:
- User-defined wavetables loaded via microSD card
- 16K color 240 x 320 TFT LCD display
- Grayhill mil-spec optical encoder for data entry
- 16-bit wavetables (versus 8-bit for the E350) for 5x lower noise & THD
- Contains all 192 of the original E350 wavetables
- LFO mode, variable Glitch Energy and other added features
New! Production release firmware V1.2B (March 4, 2018)The file is here.
This replaces the prior V1.2a. Please use this verion instead as errors were discovered after posting.
Changes from V1.1 are as follows:Bugfixes
- Negative Freq Limit on filter
- update RAM tables after patch load / reset
- Fixes issue using USR H wavebank when in Waves view
- Fixes issue with presets clearing when entering/exiting the File menu with no uSD inserted
- Fixes UI lock when loading a file with missing .WAV extension
- Fixes issue of not fully muting audio outputs when in the File menu page
- Expand flash tables to 8 from 3
- Disable audio during SD card access
- Reduce cloud freq display to top / bottom oscs
- Add FM Type and Cal options to freq display
- Add TZFM in 3 ranges (Low/Mid/High)
- Frequency display updated to handle negative values
- Add Wavetable name list off Mode Help menu
Please read the Release Notes PDF file before reporting any bugs or other comments.
Older firmware Released V1.1 (Sept. 17, 2017)The file is here. Important! The file on the uSD card must be named e352_fmw.bin and if you want to have older versions, rename to something like e352_fmw_old_v11.bin first before writing the new version to the uSD card.
Installing new E352 Firmware
Please follow the directions below to upgarde tour E352 to this latest firmware. You will need a FAT32-formatted uSD card of 32GB OR LESS. Larger cards may fail to load the firmware! Use a card <= 32GB!
- Download the ZIP file, and extract it to the root directory of the uSD card. Do not change the name of the file.
- Turn the power off to the E352.
- Insert the uSD card into the connector 'label side up'.
- Press and hold the encoder knob (like a data entry). While pressing the knob down, turn the power on.
- When the boot screen appears, release the encoder knob. The E352 will scan for the file on the uSD card.
- Once the file is found, the menu will ask if you want to upgrade, rotate the encoder to YES and click the encoder.
- The E352 will erase the old firmware and install the new version. Your saved patches and User Banks are ERASED.
- After the install is verified, you will be prompted to click the encoder knob to launch the new firmware. The Version diplayed at the bottom of the main screen is V1.2
NEW TUTORIAL VIDEOS
Please watch the following video for an overview of the E352 and its 4 basic operation modes.