Quad Morphing VCO
The Synthesis Technology E370 is a 4-channel DSP-based VCO that incorporates features from the E340 Cloud Generator and the E350 Morphing Terrarium (both are discontinued). This page is UNDER CONSTRUCTION at this time. All technical info, demos, video and features are detailed on the KickStarter Campaign page here.
New! Production release firmware V1.2a (Sept 27, 2018)The file is here.
This replaces the current release V1.1c and V1.2. Please upgrade to this new version. Note prior V1.2 is not supported and should be replaced immediately with V1.2a
Changes from V1.1c/V1.2 are as follows:Bugfixes
- Fixed issue where About screen could cause system to 'freeze' and not respond without power cycle
- Fixed issue when non-default CV assignments were not properly recalled when loading presets
- SYNC signals can be individually muted (ignored) for each VCO
Please read the Release Notes PDF file before reporting any bugs or other comments.
Older firmware Released V1.1c (Sept. 17, 2017)The file is here. Important! The file on the uSD card must be named e370_fmw.bin and if you want to have older versions, rename to something like e370_fmw_old_v11.bin first before writing the new version to the uSD card.
Installing new E370 Firmware
Please follow the directions below to upgarde your E370 to this latest firmware. You will need a FAT32-formatted uSD card of 32GB OR LESS. Larger cards may fail to load the firmware! Use a card <= 32GB!
- Download the ZIP file, and extract it to the root directory of the uSD card. Do not change the name of the file.
- Turn the power off to the E370.
- Insert the uSD card into the connector 'label side up'.
- Press and hold the encoder knob (like a data entry). While pressing the knob down, turn the power on.
- When the boot screen appears, release the encoder knob. The E370 will scan for the file on the uSD card.
- Once the file is found, the menu will ask if you want to upgrade, rotate the encoder to YES and click the encoder.
- The E370 will erase the old firmware and install the new version. Your saved patches and User Banks are ERASED.
- After the install is verified, you will be prompted to click the encoder knob to launch the new firmware. The Version diplayed at the bottom of the main screen is V1.2
- Remove the uSD card.